If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Friday 15 February 2013

The Lenten Discipline 2013

Lent began on Wednesday.  This year, I'm doing some things the same, some different.

Last year I gave up alcohol and peanut butter, and took up drawing.  This year, I'm giving up alcohol again.  After last Easter I realised peanut butter and I just can't have a healthy relationship, so haven't had any in the house since some time in May.  (I confess, I had a tiny bit at my parents' house before Christmas).  Instead of peanut butter, then, I'm giving up sugar.  The first time I did this was under a nutritionist's instructions and included honey and dried fruit too (and I felt amazing!).  This year I'm allowing honey and dried fruit as most of my healthy recipes include these things.  It means, though, no chocolate (unless I make a healthy version myself), and no yummy cupcakes baked by a fellow staff member and left with a note in the staffroom asking us to eat them please.  I was so good yesterday!

So that's me this year, effectively.  There were a couple of other things but I had a change of mind over the last few days.  I still have the financial penalty system for slip-ups and social occasions where it's more offensive not to partake than it is to stick to the whole discipline thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment