If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 30 January 2013

The Not-So-New Year Resolutions

I'm not one for the whole "and this year, I'm going to get fit" New Year resolution thing.  Usually what happens is, at about sundown on New Year's Eve, I'll start thinking about things I'd like to do differently in the coming year.  I'll keep thinking about this for a few days, and then write down a list somewhere.  This blog was a product of last year's 'get-out-of-the-rut' necessity. 

It doesn't usually take me so long to work out what's going on.  But it did this year.  I won't share all of them with you here, but some of them are: to run 40km a week (so far unsuccessfully - thanks, weather); dress nicely (unless exercising or cleaning); read more and play phone games less; and visit a new place in Brisbane once a month (suggestions welcome).

And now, for some storm damage photos.... I took a few photos yesterday that just looked like chaotic greenery.  And then I got to a nearby park.  A massive tree was down - the houses across the street are really lucky! 
Later I found out that a resident of one of those houses was on the balcony at 4:30am and saw a twister strike the park. 
Which explains the debris strewn all over the park.  Incredible.  It's about half my height across where it fell, and was quite tall. 

Another park, which was a lake in the 2011 floods, was still a bit watery, and feeding time for the water birds.  This was where the first PT in the park session was held. 

Yeah, where all that water is.  I saw a photo of the new place, which has a tree fallen in the middle of all the equipment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment