If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Monday 5 November 2012

Banana Custard Slice

The things I do for this blog.  This is such a busy week that I won't have time to cook, so my non-outfit posts should really be quick and easy things to change.  I can't let bananas go to waste, though.  Last week, I had 3 rather ripe bananas, and a friend posted a link to a healthy banana slice which required 3 bananas.  Before getting a couple of ingredients in order to make that though, I kinda ate one of the bananas...  I found another recipe (not at all healthy) and was checking the sugar supplies when I discovered (yes - I had totally forgotten this fact) that instead of normal sugar, I have Natvia.  So I went to the Natvia site in search of recipes.  I found a whole heap of drool-worthy dessert-like recipes, most of which needed 3 bananas (why??? why did I have to eat that banana???).  Finally, I found this recipe for a banana custard slice which requires only 1/3 cup mashed banana.  Phew.

Ingredients:

1 cup self raising flour
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup Natvia
1/4 milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
60 g butter
1/3 cup mashed banana



Method:

Grease a lamington tin (or line it with baking paper).  Preheat oven to 180C (160C fanforced).
Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
Melt the butter.  Mix together the butter, egg, milk and mashed banana.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir well.
Spread mixture in prepared tin.  Bake in oven for 25 minutes.

Makes 30

When cutting, I didn't really believe I was going to get 30 pieces... But, with 3/4 cup Natvia, it is rather sweet, so when I continue cutting I will make them smaller.

Bonus - the Natvia site uses photos from users, and this recipe doesn't have a photo - yet.  So I'll be sending through one of these... You never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment