If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Sunday 10 June 2012

Porridge with Dark Chocolate and Marmalade

It's well and truly winter now, and this long weekend is wonderfully cloudy and rainy and cool.  I've been hankering to make curry for a while now, and yesterday I was looking through the Jamie Oliver book for the ingredients.  The book opened up at the breakfast section, and I contemplated something different for breakfast.  Frozen fruit smoothies didn't appeal!  Varying the style of comfort porridge, though - that was more like it.  I decided against the banana and whisky option (church this morning, after all) and opted for the dark chocolate and marmalade version.  What a way to start a day.

Just before the porridge is ready (I use 1/3 cup oats, a couple of teaspoons psyllium husks, 1 cup water), stir in a heaped tablespoon of marmalade and a couple of pieces of shaved/grated dark chocolate.  I still included goji berries, ricotta and protein powder too.  This was amazingly delicious, and satisfied my desire for marmalade without having toast as well.  Win.  It feels a little decadent to have this every Sunday, but I can see it making a regular appearance.

Today's Daily Photo:

I neglected the last couple of days, mainly because of the photo overload from the North Queensland trip (Day 1 and Day 2).  Walking down Ann St today after church, I noticed the moss on the retaining wall next to All Saints' was particularly green.  I love the combination of green and grey, especially when the world is awash in these colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment