If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Friday 1 June 2012

The Daily Photo

I like taking photos.  I really am a visual person.  At the start of the year, I was thinking of doing a daily photo - but the first one wasn't great, and the second day I didn't even think about it so that idea fizzled.  Last year was a big photography year (at least, at the start), but this year my camera has been a bit quiet.  That might be partly because the iPhone camera is decent enough that I don't take my normal camera with me everywhere.  Or it might be that my brain has been occupied with other things. 

A few of my friends have done, or are doing, a photo a day.  Some for a month here and there, one for a year.  I saw one friend's photo today and noticed it was part of a group thing.  I thought, what a wonderful concept (if it really is what I think - I haven't investigated this further).  If you have dozens, or even hundreds, of people, all submitting a photo a day, and you then get a snapshot of that day, across Australia (or the world, of course).  As I was walking through Red Hill, looking out towards the city on one side and Mt Coot-tha on the other side, I thought of all the different photos I could take of today, and of all the possibilities of other photos from other people.  Amazing.  And so, I thought I would start the photo a day thing.  I'd decided on my subject matter, but when I got home I saw the rain had strewn more flowers on the driveway, so here we are for today:

No comments:

Post a Comment