If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Outfit #37 - Go Queensland!

Outfit details:
Skirt: Portmans.  Singlet: Ice.  White top: Ambra bamboo.  Red top: Grab denim (from Jeannie).  Jacket: Sportsgirl (also from Jeannie).  Shoes: Pulp.  Earrings: from Kuranda Markets.

On Monday, I was trying to work out outfits for this week.  Lacking any real inspiration, I decided to wear an outfit I've worn several times a year since I started at this school 5 years ago.  (Can you see why I'm aiming for a different outfit every school day this year?!).  However, last night I realised that outfit would be a mistake today.  Today is the first State of Origin game of the year.  I'm a Queenslander.  Blue (featuring prominently in the original outfit for today) is the colour of New South Wales.  Last night, then, I had a quick look in the wardrobe, and found some red options.  I included a red singlet just in case it warmed up so much that I needed to ditch the outer layer (unnecessarily), and wore the appropriately maroon jacket.  I wouldn't normally have paired red with maroon but it seems to have come out all right.


This skirt intrigues me.  I think of it as my blue skirt, but it usually comes up grey when paired with anything else blue, or red, or white.  Maybe it's really grey after all.

I eventually worked out that the shoes don't need extra holes in the straps.  They need new elastics holding the buckles in place.  I felt so smart when I realised this (it's the little things, you know).  The earrings had me thinking of holidays all day.  Only 4 more weeks...  I've been dreaming of cold, mountainous, foggy places.  I wonder what will pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment