If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Outfit #34 - Purple

Outfit details:
Dress: Spicysugar (from Jeannie).  Top: Ambra.  Stockings: Target.  Shoes: Hot Options.  Earrings: David Jones (I think).  Dog: Gracie.  She's mum and dad's dog (they're staying this week), and as they had just left, she was looking longingly from the top of the stairs, waiting for their return.  As soon as more students arrived though, she was busy licking faces and lying on her back for tummy rubs.

I didn't have grade 3s today (due to NAPLAN being on at the same time as their strings lessons), so this super short skirt was not overly impractical.  That said, when combined with the stockings, I felt my legs were being stared at all day. 

The 10-yr-old who thinks I have 5 husbands listened really quietly while I recorded her piece (rhythm...rhythm...rhythm...), then said "So, when you send me the recording, could I ask, could you send me a photo of your earrings as well?  We're doing nature shapes in art and I want to draw your earrings.  They're so pretty".  Then the next child also said how pretty my earrings were, then said she loved my stockings (incidentally, she had her best lesson in ages today).

Last week I worked out this outfit - but I didn't have the right shoes.  Well, I had wonderful shoes but I'm not going to wear them to school.  On Friday, I went shopping and found these shoes and stockings.  At first I loved these shoes, but having looked at them in my room all weekend, I'm not so sure.  I haven't bought thick-heeled shoes for a really long time, and these heels lost their appeal somewhat.  They don't necessarily make them more comfortable, and I'm not convinced they're retro-cool enough.  On the plus side, they do fit really well, and they are tall.  I love being tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment