If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Outfit #30 - Stockings

Outfit details:

Skirt: Sussan (op shop).  Top: Ambra.  Cardigan: Jeanswest.  Shoes: Hot Options.  Necklace: from Jeannie.  Earrings: the Silver Shop.  Stockings: ?

Yesterday I mentioned I had played around with some stockings.  Today was my first outfit with stockings that weren't deadly boring.  Stockings, for me, are like sweets.  I like looking at sweet things, cupcakes, chocolate... but when it comes to actually consuming those sweet things - well, that's usually a no.  The thought of actually eating one of them... I just don't have the tastebuds for them anymore.  (It's not always the case, and it definitely used to be different, but there you go).  Stockings are the same.  About this time of year, I see all these cool patterns and colours and textures in the shops and I get so tempted!  I buy, but hardly wear.  Or I wear, but under long pants so they're hardly visible.  Not this year though...

Today's stocking effort is inspired by Kasmira, who has layered stockings in the past.  Opaques underneath fishnets.  I was a little skeptical - if it would be easy to actually put this combination on, if the stockings would slip around, how weird this might feel...  But I love this look!  Next time will have to be with different coloured base stockings.  I've actually only worn these stockings once before and I found them totally impractical.  Not warm at all because they are mostly holes, and unwilling to stay up - and I was less convinced about pulling them up before as I didn't want to add to the holes.  But today it was only at the very end of the day that I felt they weren't really into the whole staying up thing.  Even more than that, I had some textural interest in an otherwise plain ensemble.  It was slightly easier to see in the sitting version.  There is a reason I've been posting photos of me standing.  Do you know how hard it is to take a photo, sitting, that is not suggestive?  It's really hard.  Also hard is dealing with hair.  Just generally, but I did the paste treatment last night (normally that would be a Friday or Saturday event), and it was uncontrollable all day.  

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmm stockings xxxxx dicky doo uk x

    ReplyDelete