If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Saturday 19 May 2012

The Food Processor

Today, I added a new member to my Breville kitchen family.  I promise I don't set out to buy Breville, but when I was unpacking the newbie, I realised it fits right in. 

I have never owned a food processor - I've managed with a blender and electric beaters without any problems, although sometimes the consistency is not as amazing as intended.  And, as I am not a fan of cleaning the blender, often I just avoid using it and leave soups unblended.  I know some readers are probably recoiling in horror at this point, so I'll move on.

One friend makes really yummy protein balls - all food processor.  The night of Cluedo, Jeannie made raw brownies - also food processor.  I have been wanting them ever since.  So today (no gig!), I bought a food processor.

Shopping for a food processor has always been daunting.  I knew you could buy super duper expensive ones that do everything except actually baking and serving.  I'm not that rich.  However, I wasn't keen on buying a cheap one that would break down in a matter of months.  Today, I looked in Kmart at the super cheap $15 version - tempting as a starter, and to see if I would really use it much - and also the $39 option.  I figured though that I would be racking up Myer One points at Myer, so I checked out their range.  I dismissed everything with 3 figures in the price, and had a few options left.  Still um-ing and ah-ing about what would be best, I then saw this (Breville) variety, and knew this was it. 
It hasn't had a test-drive just yet.  Like a conscientious consumer, I've washed the washable bits and they're still drying.  I was delighted with the environmentally friendly, egg carton-style packaging.  Now I'm just hoping that it does what I want it to do, inspires me to use it in many ways and recipes, and is not too hard to clean...

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you Anna! I inherited my food processor from a friend moving overseas along with a TV! I use both a lot. The only thing I don't like about the food processor I have is that there is no option to change over to a smaller capacity bowl, and the one it has is very large by food processory standards. The great thing about yours is that it has the stick mix blender attachment and you can put that straight into a saucepan full of soup (as long as it doesn't come up to the motor). Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete