If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Outfit #22 - 2011 Flashback

School's back.  The last couple of days of holidays... Well, I spent them trying to avoid the thought of school.  Not entirely, but I wasn't organised enough to have an outfit sorted for today.  This is one of the standard outfits I wore last year, then.  With a necklace I haven't worn for a few years.


Outfit details:
Top: Ambra.  Skirt: Katies.  Leggings: ? Shoes: Pulp.  Green shell necklace: from Mombasa.  Earrings: made by me.
Yesterday, I said I was planning to pose with different facial expressions.  The plan was to add a picture of the original as well, but a friend suggested readers guess - I love this idea!  So see if you can work out the main outfit photo's origin (although, it's not very original).  Taking this photo - well, it took an effort for me to stop giggling/smirking in time to fix the expression before the timer took the photo. 

The necklace came off a few times, but it turned out to be a reasonable choice for playing.  And these earrings - well, I really like them.  The way they hang, they just tickle that place of my jaw.  Unfortunately, they do swing around a bit though, so the first...ah, many... photos have blurry earrings.  They are also part of a set of 3 - I also have these in blue and green.  When I wore the blue version (have no idea which outfit it was), a student asked if I was wearing earrings of the world.  Well, this morning in quartet (4 girls in grade 5, so 9-10 years old):
Me: let's go from bar 24.  Cellist: are they worlds? Me:ah... what?  Cellist: they look like worlds.  Me: do you mean the earrings?  (My teaching life has many conversations along these lines.  I love my job).

You may notice, the shoes are getting a bit old.  And worn.  And I think they're on the way out, they don't have that I Love Shoes feel to them anymore.  You may also notice I have bruises on my legs.  These are just 2 of many (from climbing Mt Warning, as well as deadlifts torture from Trainer Dan), so the plan for tomorrow's outfit has had to change so I don't shock the grade 3s tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment