If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Monday 5 March 2012

The Morning Routine


There have been a few refinements to my morning routine this year.  All are making me more efficient, although possibly more apparently obsessive.  But I like to think of them as Good Changes.

This first was regarding clothes.  During Summer School I had very little time or brain space to work out clothing.  I would go to the gym first thing then race home, have breakfast, get dressed and go.  So I would have everything organised the night before, on a hanger in dressing order.  This saves so much time that it's just the way I do things now.  As soon as I've trialled my outfit, it goes on the hanger and into the wardrobe, with the shoes for Tuesday on the left, Wednesday's shoes on the right.  Earrings, necklace and belt get hooked over the hanger. 

The second was regarding energy.  Last Saturday I was super sleepy, for no apparent reason.  As soon as I had gone to the gym in the afternoon, my energy was back.  I thought, there's something in this.  I have long been aware that exercise gets my energy levels up (even if sometimes I move 'like an old person' after a tough workout), so I decided to resort to something I used to do. 

In times past, I have variously done some yoga first thing, or skipping, or pushups.  So now, unless I'm going to the gym first thing, I do 10 of something.  It might be pushups, situps, burpees (ugh), lunges, jumping lunges (too many of these really hurt - trust me), skips, or hollow rocks.  That's all the ideas I have so far... But it sure wakes me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment