If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Monday 2 January 2012

Summer School

January.  Big plans, small achievements.  But not this year!  All last year Jeannie was making me promise I would do summer school with her this year.  "Sure", I'd say... Screaming on the inside.  The thought of 2 weeks of my holidays taken up with assessment and being forced to interact with a bunch of people I don't know didn't fill me with joy. 
Yesterday's registration didn't really make me feel any better, especially as I found myself put in a class 2 levels higher than I wanted.  It's been a long time since I've made myself work this much.  This morning, I found I was still in Level 6 instead of the compromised Level 5 but our director was unflinching.  He thought he was being nice to me, letting me be in Level 6 instead of Level 7 or even 8.  But - he was right.  I didn't drown.  A lot of the material was revision and I could tell I wasn't at the bottom of the class. 
The string teaching programme is such a good environment, only 9 of us, supportive and useful materials.  Plus I already knew 3 other people so the 'bunch of strangers' doesn't really apply.  So far, everyone seems pretty friendly and it is such a good feeling to have neurons firing in my brain again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment